The African Institute for ATLAS.ti (AIA) is a collaborative project between the ATLAS.ti and the ADA, which was initiated by Ms Lauren Wildschut, the ADA’s ATLAS.ti trainer. The main objective of the AIA will be to provides ATLAS.ti training and support for doctoral students using ATLAS.ti for literature reviews.
Data analysis programmes
The following are common data analysis tools or programmes:
- ATLAS.ti - Workbench for the qualitative analysis of large bodies of textual, graphical, audio and video data.
- LISREL - An acronym for linear structural relations. A statistical software package used in structural equation modeling.
- MATLAB - A high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming.
- R (statistics) - R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- SPSS - Statistical Product and Service Solutions. Among the most widely used programs for statistical analysis in social science.
- STATISTICA - A statistics and analytics software package developed by StatSoft. STATISTICA provides data analysis, data management, statistics, data mining, and data visualization procedures.
- Other data analysis software
Youtube video on data analysis
A short video by Prof Jeff Leeks on the landscape of data analysis.