What is in this guide?
2. Google Scholar
- Definition: Google Scholar
- Why create a Google Account?
- Create a Google Account
- Set up e-mail alerts in Google Scholar
- Definition: EBSCOhost
- Why create an EBSCOhost account?
- Create an EBSCOhost account
- Set up e-mail alerts in EBSCOhost
- Definition: ProQuest
- Why create a ProQuest account?
- Create a ProQuest account
- Set up e-mail alerts in ProQuest
- Definition: Pubmed
- Why create a Pubmed account?
- Create a Pubmed account
- Set up e-mail alerts in Pubmed
- Definition: Scopus
- Why create a Scopus account?
- Create a Scopus account
- Set up e-mail alerts in Scopus
- Definition: Web of Science
- Why create a Web of Science account?
- Create a Web of Science account
- Set up e-mail alerts in Web of Science
- Set up e-mail alerts for a specific E-journal
What are alerts and why create them?
If you wish to keep current on the latest digitally available news and research and would like to be more efficient by having that information come to you instead of having to browse through different websites, you will need to learn how to set up search alerts.
- helps you to stay up to date in your discipline without repeating searches
- it pushes the latest relevant information to you in the form of an e-mail with hyperlinks
- it saves you time
What is the difference between e-mail alerts and RSS feeds?
- E-mail alerts are sent to your e-mail box. You can specify how often you wish to receive them i.e. immediately, daily, weekly, etc.