E-journals are all hosted on different platforms e.g. Scopus, Web of Science, EBSCOhost, etc.
E-mail alerts are set up per e-journal. To set up an alert on an e-journal, you must know your e-journal title(s). For each platform your journals are hosted on, an account needs to be created prior to setting up alerts.
Set up e-mail alerts for a specific E-journal
- Go to library.sun.ac.za
- Click e-Journals A-Z list
- Type the journal title and click Search
- Link to the journal's holdings on the platform of choice
- If a new platform, create an account
- Once logged into Academic Search Premier, EBSCO, click Search within this publication
- Type your search query
- Click Search
- On results list, click Alert/Save/Share
- Click E-mail Alert
- Ensure E-mail To and other fields are completed
- Click Save Alert
- Click Folder to manage alerts