How do I do my assignment? To find, access and use information effectively, use the step-by-step guide.
The Library and Information Service offers a wide range of group training sessions with the main focus on enhancing the information literacy skills of all students at Stellenbosch University. A framework for Information Literacy was contemplated and accepted in 2014 to provide structure for an effective information literacy skills training program. The framework describes the development of different levels of information literacy competency.
Welcome to our information literacy sessions!
The Research process typically includes five broad steps. We'll touch on all of these, in various depths as we go along, but our main focus will be on steps 1, 2 and 5.
This guide was developed to help you, as a Human Nutrition Research methodology student, during and after our contact sessions where the outcomes will be
- Navigational. You'll learn
- how to navigate through the library website.
- how to use the search functionality on the Library website to search for books and other material in the Library collection.
- what bibliographic and full-text databases are; how to effectively use Pubmed, Scopus & other relevant databases with various search strategies, including identifying keywords for your search, building effective search strategies using various tools such as PICO, Boolean operators, to find relevant information and save you time.
- identify elements in a citation and how to find & get academic resources in hard copy and electronic format.
- Content assessment and collection. You'll learn how to
- decide which sources could be relevant.
- choose, collect, save, export or print them.
- Citation and reference management. You'll learn how to
Tel. +27 21 938-9435
Geneeskunde & Gesondheidswetenskappe Biblioteek/
Medicine & Health Sciences Library
Emergency Medicine, Forensic Medicine, General Surgery, Human Nutrition, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Pharmacology, Urology, Ukwanda Clinical Outreach.
08:00-12:00; 13:00-16:30 Mondays - Fridays
To avoid disappointment, staff and registered students of the Stellenbosch University are encouraged to make appointments for assistance or library instruction.